Friday, July 8, 2011

Meet Your Teacher

Hello Students and Families! Welcome to fourth grade! I am excited to get to know you and so I'll tell you a little about myself.

My name is Marianne Washburn. I was born and raised in a military family, so I moved around a lot. I attended ten schools during the course of my education! Most of my education took place in California, but I moved to Arizona when my father retired from the Marine Corps and took a job in Phoenix. I finished high school at Red Mountain High in Mesa and then attended Arizona State University to earn my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education in 2005.

I've had lots of experience working both full time teaching Kindergarten, first and fifth grades, and part time as a substitute teacher in multiple districts in the East Valley. I taught as a substitute teacher for Cambridge in from 2010-2011 in fact and I have had a chance to meet many of you already.

I married my husband, James, in 2002 and we now have two beautiful- and feisty!- little girls. EmmaLee is five years old and Maycee is two. We live near Cambridge Academy in Mesa and I like to ride my bike to school some days with my daughter EmmaLee, who is in Kindergarten this year.

Some of my favorites are:
color: yellow
song: She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals
chapter book: Frindle by Andrew Clements
subject: social studies- I LOVE history!
poem: Dreams, by Langston Hughes
artist: Georgia O'Keefe
way to spend an afternoon: playing with my daughters or curling up with a good book
season: Autumn
holiday: Thanksgiving- my family is really big on traditions
candy: Twix bars or chocolate covered pretzels (YUUUUM!)
way to move around: my step aerobics class at the gym- I attend regularly because I love it!

Three things I want to do before I die:
1- Visit Europe...especially Ireland.
2- Drive a really fast car... really fast!
3- Learn to fly an airplane

I'm looking forward to getting to know you too! Please remember to come say "hi" at Cambridge Academy's Meet the Teacher Night. It's Thursday, July 21st from 5-7pm. We're in Room 9.
See you there!
Mrs. Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment